Please review this Policy carefully before sharing information with us so you understand our privacy practices. By using our website, communicating with us, agreeing to have your agency or company use the Services, attending one of our events or trainings, or registering to receive information from us, you agree to the terms of this Policy.
Personal Information We May Collect About You
Under our Policy, “personal information” is any information that identifies or can be used to contact a particular individual. As we are a business-to-business company, the personal information that we typically collect directly from you is limited to the information that can be found on a business card—name, business name, position, address, email address, and telephone number. We also collect information relating to your attendance at events/trainings, inquiries and communications received from you, and your agency or company’s agreement to use the Services. The specific types of personal information we may process include:
- Identity information – first name, last name, username and password for your agency or company’s Therap account.
Contact information – physical address of your employer, email address at your employer, country, and business telephone number.
- Employment information – name of your employer and your position at the employer.
Training and event information – details about trainings you have registered for or taken, events you have attended, and certifications you have achieved.
- Financial data – bank account number, wire information, and payment card details relating to your business or employer’s payment for its use of the Services.
- Transactional data – details about your company or employer’s agreement to purchase the Services and related services, including modules purchased, payments received, customer service-related inquiries and issues, and other information relating to your company or employer’s use of the Services.
- Marketing and communications information – information regarding any requests for information received from you, your marketing or communication preferences, and your responses to surveys we may provide to receive feedback regarding our services.
- Usage information – details regarding when and how you use our website and the Services.Please note that we may aggregate or anonymize the foregoing types of data such that they are no longer capable of identifying you, in which case they are no longer considered “personal information.”
Other Information We Collect From You
Like most websites, we use the various technologies to automatically collect the following types of information about you:
- IP Address or Device Identifier. When you visit our website, we collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which identifies the computer or service provider that you use to access our website or, if you connect through a mobile device, your mobile device identifier. We may use these identifiers to collect information about the length of time spent on our website or the specific areas visited.
- Web beacons and other technologies. Our website may use other tracking tools, including web beacons, which are small electronic images embedded in web content and email messages that are not ordinarily visible to users. Web beacons allow us to track pages and content accessed and viewed by users, as well as to monitor email readership. We use pixels to track visitors. You can opt out of pixels by adjusting your browser’s cookie settings or adjusting cookie consent options on our website to not accept marketing cookies.
How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide the services contracted for by your business or employer;
- To provide customer support services, and to verify, investigate, and respond to any claims, problems, or requests you may make relating to the Services;
- To provide you with trainings for which you have subscribed;
- To register you for and provide you admittance to Therap events at your request;
- To provide you with information regarding Therap, the Services, and events and trainings, as well as other information that you may request from us;
- To administer user profiles for your business or employer in our Services;
- To enforce our terms of service or agreement with your company or employer;
- To prevent or detect hacking activities, security breaches, or safety risks in connection with our website and the Services;
- To send service announcements and messages;
- To aggregate information to generate anonymous statistics regarding use of our website or Services;
- To develop, update, and improve our Services and services;
- To optimize your experience on our website and ensure that our content is presented to you in the most effective manner;
- To send you promotional or marketing communications and solicitations, track your marketing preferences, and for our internal marketing purposes;
- To notify you about changes to our website, including material changes to this Policy;
- To provide you with surveys or otherwise solicit feedback regarding the Services; and
- To perform other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise consent to.Please note that if you signed up to receive promotional emails from us, you may opt out of receiving such communications by following the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or by calling 1-866-THERAP-0.
Disclosure of Your Information
When the information we collect is aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise does not identify you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
In addition, we may share information that we collect or that you provide in the following circumstances:
- With service providers that we use to assist us with management and coordination of events and trainings that we host.
- With vendors that we use for our contract management and fulfillment processes.
- With our third-party marketing service providers that assist us with promotional materials, campaigns, and communications.
- With website analytics vendors in order to understand our website traffic and usage patterns, optimize our website, and identify potential new clients.
- With our customer relationship management vendors as necessary for customer service and support, sales, marketing, and lead generation.
- With our email service provider, who enables us to communicate with you and our other contacts.
- With our cloud-hosted server provider(s), who enables us to store, retain, and otherwise process necessary information.
- With vendors that provide support for the training services we offer.
- With other third parties that provide necessary services for our business, but only for the purpose of those services.
- With our wholly-owned affiliate for the purposes of product development related to our Services.
- With governmental or supervisory agencies responsible for the care of care recipients, as defined in the User Agreement.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.We reserve the right to disclose your information as necessary to comply with a subpoena or similar investigative demand, court order, request for cooperation from law enforcement or other governmental agency, to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.We also reserve the right to disclosure your information to a buyer or other successor prior to or in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets being transferred.
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. As mentioned above, you can opt out of receiving marketing and promotional communications from us.
You can also choose not to provide us with certain information requested through our website, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website, request information about products or services, or initiate other transactions with us.
Protection of Your Information
We use appropriate administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password for your Therap website account portal.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. Such websites have separate privacy policies that you should review. We cannot take responsibility for the content of linked websites or those companies’ data-handling practices.
Therap is headquartered in the United States and, as a result, the information you provide to us will reside on servers or work stations in the United States and Bangladesh. If your information was collected outside the United States, it may be necessary to transfer your information to the United States for processing in order to provide you with requested products. You understand and consent that information you provide may be transferred to and processed in the United States and Bangladesh. The data protection laws in the United States may not be the same as the data protection laws in your home country.
GDPR and EEA Residents’ Rights
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is a privacy law that affords certain rights relating to the personal information of individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Therap is not established in the EEA, does not target goods or services to individuals in the EEA, and does not monitor the behavior of individuals located in the EEA. Further, Therap does not currently process personal information about individuals in the EEA. As a result, Therap is not subject to the GDPR or privacy laws of countries in the EEA.
Our website is a general audience site and is not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 16 years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 16. Should we discover that a child under the appropriate age provided his or her personal information, we will use that information only to respond to that child and inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving such information.
Data Storage and Retention
We keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill your requests or the purposes for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include (i) for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you, (ii) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject, and (iii) as necessary to comply with legal obligations.
Changes to this Policy
Please note that we may change this Policy from time to time. If there are changes to our Policy, we will post them here and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document. Continued use of this website after any changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. Accordingly, we encourage you to check the Policy periodically for updates.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy or our information-handling practices, please contact:
Therap Global, LLC
Attn: Privacy Department
Address: 562 Watertown Avenue, Waterbury, CT 06708-2240