The Self Password Reset module is an optional feature that allows users to be able to use the “forgot password?” link to reset their passwords using a One Time Password reset token sent to them via email.
Configure Self Password Reset
A user must configure the self password reset module in advance in order to be able to use this feature.
If the Self Password Reset role is enabled for the provider account and an administrator has enabled this feature for the user, then the user will have the option to configure the Self Password Reset. To learn more about how to Enable Self Password Reset, click here.
1. Click on the Configure link beside the Self Password Reset from the Settings tab.
2. On the next page, enter the current Password and click on the Verify button.
3. On the Self Password Reset Configuration page, enter the Email and Phone/Text Message Email where the Password Reset Token will be sent. Once done with the required information, click on the Update button.
Reset Password from Login Page
4. On the Therap Login page, click on the Forgot Password? link.
5. On Reset Password page, enter the Login Name, Provider Code, Email/Text (that you have previously configured) and click on Submit.
6. A message containing a Password token will be sent to the Email or Phone/Text Message Email that you have provided during Self Password Reset Configuration.
This Password token will be valid for the next 5 minutes.
Instead of receiving a Password token, user may receive a Password Reset Error message when resetting the password for the following reasons:
- Self Password Reset is not enabled for your provider
- Self Password Reset is not enabled for your user account
- Your Self Password Reset was not configured with your Email information
- You have entered the incorrect Login Name, Provider Code, or Email/Text in the Reset Password page.
- You clicked on the Resend button on the Change Password page after the validity for your Password token has expired
- Your user account has been Admin Locked, Deactivated, or Deleted
7. On the Change Password page, enter the Passord token, New Password, and Confirm New Password. Once the required information is filled out, click on the Submit button.
If you have not received passord token, click on the Resend link to receive the system message containing the Password token again and reset within 5 minute validity of the token. If 5 minutes have passed and the Password token is no longer valid, go back to the login page and click on the Forgot Password? link again.
8. A confirmation message will be displayed if the password was reset successfully. Click on the Login Again button to go to the login page and log in using the new password.